[MV] Kubelwagon

From: Jan R. Smith/Patricia A. Trooien (smittro@wichita.infi.net)
Date: Thu Dec 09 1999 - 06:56:39 PST

I too would find any info on the replica Kubelwagon very interesting.
Volkswagon is still producing the Beetle in Mexico. I wonder if they
still produce the Thing. I looked into possible export of a new Beetle
which can be purchased in Mexico for under $6K, but it proved too
difficult to get it out of Mexico; no safety glass, no 15MPH bumper, no
EPA approval. Anyone know how you can get around these problems?
Thanks, Jan