Re: [MV] VW THING Question

From: Jan R. Smith/Patricia A. Trooien (smittro@wichita.infi.net)
Date: Fri Dec 10 1999 - 12:56:39 PST

Sure. Air Conditioning as we know it on automobiles, has nothing to do with the
cooling system. So, you can have A/C on an air cooled engine just as you can
have it on a water cooled engine. It IS however, harder on the air cooled
engine than it is on the water cooled engine. This is due to the added load
placed on the engine by having to turn the compressor which takes a few
horsepower, and adds to the problem of heat dissipation. Sincerely, Jan