[MV] Re:

From: jonathon (jemery@execpc.com)
Date: Sat Dec 11 1999 - 20:48:36 PST

> I, too, have been on the list for
>a couple of years and have grown weary of all the thinly disguised OFF
>TOPIC discussion.

What do you mean by "thinly disguised OFF TOPIC discussion"?

>And by the way, all those that think the "delete:" button is the
>answer to everything:
>
>So many list members "reply" to posts. When they do the topic shows up
>as the original. The topic might show " GPW T84 transmission", but when
>you click on you're reading about Jim Gilmore or Mrs. Hank's bad day.

Well, when your following a thread you will see that they seem to do one of
two things, either it gets taken care of and dies, like real quick, or it
starts going off track with humor, bickering, flaming, or whatever. Now, if
your following the thread, which if your looking at it at all you must have
had some interest in the first place, who will see when the latter starts
occuring. It's at that point that you can either hang in there and have a
good laugh (or get pissed) or just hang up on it. It's run it's course for
usable information so move on unless your in need of some entertainment.
I'm sorry if you don't like it this way but that's the way listservs and
usenet work, and from my 15 years of being on line, that's the way it's
alway been.

Like I said before, the quickest way to kill a thread is stop replying!!!

>Finally, any suggestions on winterizing our MV's? What's the key to
>making the gas stay good when the vehicle is setting up?

We now have a problem, you have changed the subject. So now if I reply to
this part someone may miss it if they have decided to abort this thread. So
I should reply to this part as a new thread. But I won't reply because I am
pretty lame about winterizing stuff. All I do is pull the battery and fill
the fuel tank along with some stabilizer and put a 69 cent plastic sheet
over it.

Although.... I would like to hear some debate on the virtues of having a
full fuel system v.s. an empty one, that is in the case of a gas engine with
a carb. I thought "in the old days" you were supposed to run the gas out of
the system before storage, now your supposed to keep it full?????

>The FLAMESNUFFER (HA HA HA HA HA)

You a fireman or something?

Later,

je