[MV] GPWs on Willys Frames

From: Jim Rice (jimrice@sirinet.net)
Date: Sun Dec 12 1999 - 20:31:04 PST

Thought I would post this for those keeping track of such things. A
friend of mine has two GPWs on Willys frames in his "collection" of
military vehicles. Both are original as the serial numbers stamped on
the frame in front of the left motor mount match the original dataplates
still on the glove boxes.

Serial number GPW 794 date of delivery 3-6-42
Serial number GPW 3347 date of delivery 3-5-42

Would assume number 794 had a late delivery due to some problem. 3347
matches with All American Wonder's list of DoDs.

Unfortunately, despite their rather sorry condition and remote
likelihood of ever being restored, they are NOT FOR SALE. I am working
on him to sell them to me, but to no avail. He also has a 1/2 Ton Dodge
open cab truck (with bed), an MB (no dataplates) serial number 45XXX,
and a couple of M38A1s. Again, not willing to part with anything,
despite my best efforts.

Jim Rice