Re: [MV] M151 A1 rear shackles wanted.

From: jonathon (jemery@execpc.com)
Date: Mon Dec 13 1999 - 21:35:50 PST

>USMC A1 Mutts had D-shaped shackles mounted on specially made plates on
>both rear wings. I would like to purchase two of these - any leads
>appreciated.

Maybe I shouldn't say this but, are not they the same as the shackle used on
the front bumper of a mitey mite? These I have seen around, in fact I found
some new in the wrapper awhile back.

I have two orignal DOD photos here of USMC mutts. The rear shackle on each
is totally different. Photo #1 shows a shackle that drops down (axis of pin
parallel to the ground). This is mounted to a plate which is large and
triangular which extends from the bottom tip of the body sheetmetal to
almost 2/3 of the way up, lets say even with the top of the tire. I cannot
tell what version it is although it does have vacuum wipers, the mutt is
driving onto a ship and the front 1/4 is in a very dark shadow so I cannot
disern any details on the font fenders to help identify it. Photo #2 is
for sure an -A2 and it shows a much smaller square mount where the shackle
swings sideways and is mounted down low on the body. It also has the same
looking shackle at each side of the front bumper plus the other type of
shackle that is mounted on the extensions that the bumper bolts to.

je