Re: [MV] Registration help

From: jonathon (jemery@execpc.com)
Date: Mon Dec 13 1999 - 21:34:45 PST

>I know nothing about the laws in your state but, in general, state
>DMV's/DOT's have appeals processes by which unusual situations are
>resolved in a hearing process. Many clerks (front line snuffies) at
>offices do not think to offer such procedures. You need to go up the
>chain of command to a supervisor or department head and explain your
>situation,

When I was having my problem with my "titled in '47 but never licensed" MB,
the clerk at the collector plate counter made an intersting comment (this is
Wisconsin BTW). She said that any title problems are sent to the 'research'
dept. She said that they "cannot not give you a title". Is seems like they
just want to put you thru the wringer and extract as much $ as they can
first. Which they did, but I did prevail.

je