[MV] Weekly M-37 questions

From: William R. Benson (Benson@eqe.com)
Date: Wed Dec 15 1999 - 09:13:37 PST

Hello Listers!

1) After getting my brakes in order, the next step is to get the powerplant up
and running. While reading up on the parking brake, however, I saw the word
"asbestos", as in, "asbestos brake pad". Is there a non-carcinigenetic
replacement?

2) I am going to forgo the pleasure of daily driving on my split rims and
"correct" non-directionals, and would like to purchase rims and tires that
present day tire shops will work on. Would anyone knowlegable in the sizes or
nomenclature please help me to figure out what is out there for a minimum of
money? I would like to increase the tires size slightly, to add a few mph to my
recommended top end speed, as well as use a more modern casual off-road tread.
Chris Davis runs tires off of a USMC LAV (Pirahna series), and they look
impressive.

3) I removed my headlight/marker light array, and found that one of my headlight
housings had a dent in it, and I would like to purchase a replacement. I don't
care about the paint, as long as the rust is to a very minimum, and the piece is
undamaged. Please state cost and condition.

4) In the interest of safety, and because I love my wife and kids, I'd like to
install seat belts in the truck (unobtrusively). Anybody with designs or
suggestions is welcome to reply.

Thanks!

Bill Benson