Re: [MV] NSN and NIIN List

From: jim gilmore (jgilmore@oeonline.com)
Date: Wed Dec 15 1999 - 23:27:22 PST

Mel wrote:
>A members posting joggled my mind so I started web surfing for a
>comprehensive list, on line, of all past and present NSN's and
NIIN's............
. DRMS sites always ask for the numbers to narrow their searches, but I
have only been able
>to find a site listing Federal Stock Codes.......
>Have any of you out there found a site listing at least all the MV NSN's
>or NIIN's?

    I don't know of a website that has this listing, however I do reproduce
the End Item Codes manual. This manual lists all the items used, with the
NIIN, EIC, LIN, Model and Nomenclature on each item. It is indexed by NIIN
and EIC . The manual is over 450 pages and is quite expensive ($100.00 US)
as it is a pain to reproduce. Most people that use this TM are in the
surplus business and it has limited collector use. I should point out that
this manual is not the same as "End Item Use" Supply Bulletin SB 101-38,
Fedlog or Armylog.

      If you have Govt. Access you might try the EIC master file at MSRA
which can update your AMDF (EIC to NIIN ) on 9 track tape from the AMC-CDA.
  Also the EIC list may be available from LCA which holds the CDDB. However
you may need AUTODIN for this. LCA also has the AMDF data.
    Remember, NIINs listed are for the end items and not for the repair
parts. Repair parts will not have EICs assigned since they may have
multiple applications.

   For NSNs (or FSNs) on obsolete equipment you might look for TM-9-500
"Data Sheets for Ordnance Type Material " (1963) another large manual (my
copy is over 3 inches thick!) . TM 43-0001-31 "Equipment Data Sheets for
Tarcom Equipment" (1978) might do for late seventies equipment. Portrayal
Press might have reproductions of these.

           Jim Gilmore MVPA # 5843

Member Ist Michigan AOD Chapter MVPA
               Great Lakes Chapter MVPA
               Ohio Motor Pool Chapter MVPA