Re: [MV] NSN and NIIN List

From: mblair1@home.net
Date: Wed Dec 15 1999 - 23:39:47 PST

jim gilmore <jgilmore@oeonline.com> wrote:
> For NSNs (or FSNs) on obsolete equipment you might look for TM-9-500
> "Data Sheets for Ordnance Type Material " (1963) another large manual (my
> copy is over 3 inches thick!) . TM 43-0001-31 "Equipment Data Sheets for
> Tarcom Equipment" (1978) might do for late seventies equipment. Portrayal
> Press might have reproductions of these.

Portrayal Press does, in fact, have both the TM 43-0001-31 (which
covers trucks and trailers) and the TM 43-0001-32 (which covers
construction and materials handling equipment). I got both from
Portrayal, and found them to both be useful and interesting. If you
don't care about things like forklifts, cranes, portable gravel mills,
etc., you can live without the -32. They're very helpful for making
sense out of all of those "M" numbers. They also make it much easier
to figure out what sorts of vehicles are being offered in the DRMS
auctions. Not that I expect to see too many more of those... :-(

--
PGP 2.6.2 public key available from http://pgp.ai.mit.edu/
Web page: http://www.qsl.net/ke6myk/