Re: [MV] Re: 1963 Dodge w-200 Crew Cab

From: Todd Logan (bugdaddy66@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Dec 20 1999 - 16:30:11 PST

Hi Alan;
I have a 72 dodge W200 Crew Cab, which is very similar to yours. My truck is
also ex Air Force, but with a 318, automatic. Great trucks, but they are not
very refined. Noisy and rough riding. Also if yours doesn't have power
steering, they can be a little interesting in the rough stuff. Watch for
floorboard rust, as this is where the cab is bolted to the frame. If the
front doors have a larger gap at the bottom than the top at the front edge,
then suspect floor rust. The 318 will slip right in, you may have to work a
little to get the right clutch disc, I can't remember if 6 and 8 have the
same spline center on disc. Power will be much better, and fuel mileage wont
change much because that 6 was working real hard to move 6000 poulds of
truck. i love mine, and wouldn't trade it for anything!
Todd