Re: [MV] 194(?) Chevy 1.5 ton

From: Henrik Teller (Henrik_Teller@vip.cybercity.dk)
Date: Tue Dec 21 1999 - 01:10:30 PST

From: "David Duckett" <SUPERDAVE900@worldnet.att.net>
To: <mil-veh@skylee.com>
Subject: [MV] 194(?) Chevy 1.5 ton
Date sent: Mon, 20 Dec 1999 23:33:40 -0800
Send reply to: "David Duckett" <SUPERDAVE900@worldnet.att.net>

> Hi list,
> I have a few more questions regarding a truck that I recently purchased.
> The vehicle in question is a 194(?) (title says 1946) Chevy 1-1/2 ton
> truck.

[cut]

Hi David (and list).

What you got there is a "Model G7107" according to "Standard
catalog of U.S. military vehcicles, page 82"

The truck was designed and build by Chevrolet Divison of General
Motors from 1940 - 1945.

The serial number is located on the identification data plate in the
cab above the windshield on the driverīs side and on the left front
frame rail directly above the front axle housing.

The book also states that early vehicles used the standard civilian
gauges and later the round military ones, with all military controls
for lights etc.

As your picture shows civilian gauges, this indicates a vehicle older
than 1945.

Hope this helps.
Have a nice day :-)

Henrik Teller
DK - 6270 Toender
http://users.cybercity.dk/~ccc14286/home.html
(Danish Army Vehicles Homepage)
E-mail: Henrik_Teller@vip.cybercity.dk
PGP-key available on request.

=To unsubscribe from the mil-veh mailing list, send the single word