Re: [MV] Canadian Military CAR numbers

From: David (davejodi@epix.net)
Date: Thu Dec 23 1999 - 03:59:49 PST

One method that would work, although I don't know if you would want to
use it on your Jeep frame, is sulfuric acid. A friend of mine works in
the lab at Pa State Police uses it to "lift" serial numbers from guns
after they have been ground off. The metal molecules are compacted from
the impact of the stamp and they dissolve slower than the surrounding
metal. With some care, you probably could raise it enough to be read
without damaging the frame.

Dave in PA

To unsubscribe, send e-mail to: <mil-veh-off@uller.skylee.com>
To switch to the DIGEST mode, send e-mail to <mil-veh-digest@uller.skylee.com>