Re: [MV] shielded wiring

From: Roger and Marie ROY (ausroy@dingoblue.net.au)
Date: Thu Dec 23 1999 - 13:39:51 PST

DES

> Restoring a1943 military vehicle

and its a .....?

> both of braided (platted) tinned copper strands over a brass spiral inner sheath - the actual wiring cables are pulled through to suit

I had the same problem with the shielded reg/Gen harness for my Studebaker so I assume its the same thing were talking about Get the correct colour cloth covered wire and assemble to length, taping every few inches to hold it together. Now send the lot to Electra loom in Sydney and they will cover it with the metal stuff for you. Or ring them and see if they can do the whole lot as they are the source of the wire anyway
Roger ROY
Australia
42 GPW 45 Studebaker

--