[MV] Military Vehicle Toys

From: JOHN SEIDTS (john@astory.com)
Date: Fri Dec 24 1999 - 06:30:57 PST

For those out there who have been clinically diagnosed with multiple-hobby
disorder, I would like to make a recommendation for your HO Train Layout.
Athearn (http://www.athearn.com) has just manufactured their first new Steam
Engine Locomotive Model in 40 years, not having made any for 36 years. They
chose as their first model the United States Railway Administration Light
2-8-2 Mikado. The Mikado was one of the standard designs in production
during WWI, and was used to haul freight and troops all over the US during
that time and up to WWII. I bought one for my son and I. It is a superb
model, and runs well. It does require some finishing details out of the
box, like adding couplers, stanchions, etc. I purchased one in Pennsylvania
Railroad Colors, but one is available with a very satisfying US on the side
of the tender. The MSRP on the site is $129.00, but I got mine for $99.00
through my disease support group (hobby shop). It is also available for a
little more money with a programmable chip for the digital layout options
some people are using for their trains.

Merry Christmas, Happy Hannukah, and Happy Kwanza! See ya in the next
epoch!

john@astory.com
http://www.astory.com

To unsubscribe, send e-mail to: <mil-veh-off@uller.skylee.com>