[MV] Rotary WWII light switches, flex brake lines, hyd fluid, and a comment.

From: Amikesomm@aol.com
Date: Sat Dec 25 1999 - 01:59:23 PST

Hey guys,
First Question:
Tell me which US vehicles use the pushpull military light switch (my wc62 has
one) and which vehicles use the round rotary light switch. I realize
starting with the M series they all use the same three lever main switch, I'm
talking about the older stuff. Plus, with the rotary switch, is a lever like
the on off m series lever correct to use? I'm asking cause I have M series
levers lying around. The reason I got curious is cause I have a couple of
each type of switch, and wondered was one common and one unusual, or were
both regularly used on different types of vehicles.
Second Question
Replacing old flexible brake lines on M37 or any old vehicle WITHOUT
replacing whole system. Is it possible? How do you do it without destroying
hard lines?? The fittings all seem to be mostly corrosion. Yeah, yeah, if
I HAVE to replace everything, I will, but was hoping not to. It's not my idea
of winter fun, and all four flex lines are probably clogged or swollen shut.
Just like the master cylinder and wheel cylinders.........
Hint to all: Don't mix red hyd fluid (5606) with brake fluid. ooops.
Now the comment.
Not to chastise anybody or anything like that, but really, it is Arthurs'
list to do with as he pleases, and since he makes the ground rules so very
very clear, whenever I see off topic or seasonal greetings, I wonder more
about the sender's willingness to be courteous to the owner of the list, more
than anything else. Just plain shows a lack of respect, as far as I see it.
Adding the little "tag lines" at the end is easy.
Off topic postings don't always "detract" from my day, or irritate me (well,
ok, occasionally!!), but it is not my computer system, I am a guest of the
owner, and by "subscribing" am agreeing to abide by his rules. (All of them)
It's not my house, or my toys to do with as I please.
Mike Sommer in Virginia
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year,
Seasonal Felicitations, God Save the United States Marine Corps,
Got Milk? Help Help, call an ambulance, I've been swallowed by a fat
guy!! etc. :o)
M37s
M151a1
WC62