Re: [MV] M715 fuel economy

From: Jon Schmidt (brute4c@yahoo.com)
Date: Sun Dec 26 1999 - 18:19:45 PST

Most stock M715's get between 7-10 MPG. This can be
improved by using lockout front hubs, to disengage the
front axle when out of 4 wheel drive, the civilian 230
ignition, has vacuum advance which gives a power
increase as well as better MPG and driveability, and,
believe it or not, the civilian 2 barrel carb setup.
I have done all of these to my truck and on a recent
trip from here in Northern Wisconsin to Land Between
the Lakes in southern Kentucky, a 660 mile one way
ride, I averaged 12.25 MPG. This isn't quite what an
Escort would get but it does ok for me.
If you want/need any info on any of the above, feel
free to contact me or go to the link below and join
our M715 Zone club.

=====
Sincerely,
Jon Schmidt