Re: [MV] Info. request--LMC 1500

From: Chuck McClurg (chuckm@powernet.net)
Date: Mon Dec 27 1999 - 20:20:59 PST

I have been using the LMC series of over snow vehicles for the last 25-30
years with various TV stations Here in Reno. They are very relible on both
snow, as they were made for that, and also just off road if you are very
carefull when you make a turn. I went to a class in Logan in the 80's on
maint and use. They were being used by several mesquito batment programs in
the western states and seemed to work out very well. Track tension is VERY
important in the use as a loose one will peel off in a heartbeat. As I used
theres in the snow at 9,000 ft it was shocking to find out that one group
wanted to know how to install a air condintior for the summer when spraying.
You may be able to get some parts from LMC in Logan sill but I don't think
they suport it any longer
The Motor is a Ford 6 cyl and a C6 tranny, very easy to work on , if you
don't have to remove them....If you would like what ever help I can give
please e-mail off list.....Good luck with it