[MV] Info. request--LMC 1500

From: KBYRDDBYRD@aol.com
Date: Sun Dec 26 1999 - 20:26:31 PST

Hello friends, In the never ending search for OD junk, I found an unusual "
off the shelf MV." The thing that makes it so unusual is not what it is but
WHERE it is. It is a LMC 1500 Snow Tractor, not unusual if you were in the
far north but rare in Middle TN. This vehicle is not a tactical MV, but it
does have USMC and Reg.No. on both doors. Two seat, 6 cycl., auto. trans.,
missing 2 headlights, but otherwise complete. I have no knowledge of whether
or not it runs, but unless something is locked up it shouldn't take much to
get it going. Tracks approx. 3 ft. wide, supported by boat trailer
wheels/tires.
The VIN plate says it is built by the Logan Motor Co. of Logan, Utah (a
division of De Lorian Motor Co. (the guy who built the sports car with the
stainless steel body ???) My questions of the list are as follows:
 1. Would such a vehicle be useful in the mud and swamps of the southeast
(not much snow) or would the tracks wear out too soon on the occasional road
crossings or rocky soil?
  2. What type of engine and drive train does it have (appears to be standard
GM or Ford type )?
  3. What would this vehicle be worth?
   4. Can someone point me to a website to learn more about it.
Thanks in advance for any info. I've only seen pictures of these, never up
close and personal. If I can, I may try to swap a Mule for it.
Keith in TN.

To unsubscribe, send e-mail to: <mil-veh-off@uller.skylee.com>
To switch to the DIGEST mode, send e-mail to <mil-veh-digest@uller.skylee.com>
Send administrative queries to <mil-veh-request@uller.skylee.com>