Re: [MV] Moving a Tank

From: Richard Notton (Richard@fv623.demon.co.uk)
Date: Tue Dec 28 1999 - 15:20:35 PST

-----Original Message-----
From: David King <davidk@fastnet.co.uk>
To: Military Vehicles List <mil-veh@uller.skylee.com>
Date: 27 December 1999 11:56
Subject: [MV] Moving a Tank

>I need to move a tank within the UK. Is there anyone out there with a
>low-loader that would take a 60 tonne tank ?

That probably means STGO cat 2 and a police route/time permit, if you're
stunningly unlucky with the particular county then a police escort (paid for) is
needed too.

The professionals I know use M J Rolls of Cambridge, I cannot read the phone no.
on the photo I have of a Centurion departing locally but its Fox Rd, Bourn,
Cambridge.

They seem to know all about moving private tanks of this weight and have the
ideal rig with an extending, triple axle, rear wheel auto steering trailer that
is dropped by the hydraulic swan-neck that remains on the tractor making loading
from the front simplicity itself provided your tank is self-mobile. I suspect
not exactly cheap though.

Richard
(Southampton UK)

To unsubscribe, send e-mail to: <mil-veh-off@uller.skylee.com>