[MV] SUMB manual? Tip for restoring!

From: LEEnCALIF@aol.com
Date: Thu Dec 30 1999 - 09:29:45 PST

I'm looking for lubrication specs and tune up information at the very least,
operators manual if possible for the SUMB, anyone know where I might get it?
Preferably something translated into english, but French will work.

Restoration tip of the week: Try duct tape to remove paint from a license
plate or decal. Thats right, good ol "duck" tape. Tape of a 1000 uses, now
is a 1001.

We were trying to get the red paint swabbed unceremoniously across my decals
and license plates during the surplus sale from my French army. We hit upon
the idea of pulling it off.... quite by accident. We pressed the duct tape
onto the painted area and pulled sharply .... wallah! The paint came off
with it stuck to the tape and the decal... the decal was just fine. Tried it
again with the license plate... a painted surface and again it work
perfectly. This may not work in every case, but it's an idea to try when all
else fails. Good luck and happy new year! Jack Lee

Ferret Mk 2/3
SUMB

PS The command car is still for sale at Mountain Impact down the road from
me ... asking price is $8500. Many NOS parts, tires, etc. I would say its
about 90% done.
Looked good to me, but that's about all i know about it.

To unsubscribe, send e-mail to: <mil-veh-off@uller.skylee.com>
To switch to the DIGEST mode, send e-mail to <mil-veh-digest@uller.skylee.com>
Send administrative queries to <mil-veh-request@uller.skylee.com>