[MV] Why Olive drab?

From: Buzz Szarek (buzz@toast.net)
Date: Fri Dec 31 1999 - 05:56:00 PST

this is a spin-off of the topic Re: [MV] legal case in Sacramento re camo-painted
vehicles
where a MV was hit and the driver claimed it to be invisible due to the cammo
paint.

While I'll be the first to admit that you could never use an M35 to sneak up on
anyone I was flat out amazed at how well the truck 'disappeared' into the night
while trying to photograph my truck with the Christmas lights on it. I took
several pictures with the lights on and off to try to get the exposure and F-stop
settings right (digital cameras are great for this since it costs nothing and
provides instant results). Anyway, in most of the photos all that showed up were
the reflectors and headlights! As I put down the camera and looked at the truck
with just my eyes I realized that it if I didn't know it was there it would be
incredibly difficult to pick out of the darkness.

Just something to keep in mind as we are motoring around. The bozos out there
might not see you and while they will sustain the majority of the damage I wouldn't
want some joker to so much as bend a mud flap on my truck!

Keep them rollin' and keep it safe,
-=-

--
-Buzzard

Don't drive faster than your angels can fly. _______ /__.___.__\ W. J. Buzz Szarek WM1W {___\ ~ /___} Cobra Consulting Group |`o-------o'| 97 ESP Pacific Green / Tan buzzNOSPAM@toast.net "High speed, Low drag" Remove NOSPAM to reply