Re: [MV] CUCV Markings

From: F. Brian Mead (brian@hardscrabblefarm.com)
Date: Tue Jan 04 2000 - 10:48:19 PST

Jason,
    I seem to remember some of the blazers in Ted's Trucks n Stuff's yard as
having TP 45 instead of TP 35. Maybe as many as 1/4-1/3 of the trucks. I was
wondering the same thing as you, maybe someone on the list can enlighten us. I
wonder if some M1009 CUCVs were set up for heavier loads than the standard
CUCVs. I wonder what the psi requirements on the original tires was?
    The same roll of film has representative photos of all the "optional"
stencils I could find in Ted's yard. Later this week, I'll post the images to
my site or send them to Andy for him to post. I also have photos of 2 of the 3
M-37s Ted has for sale on the same roll.
    As to the CARC, I think one of the trucks at Ted's had CARC & the date
stenciled on the top edge of the passenger side fender. Right by the door.
I'll see if there's a photo of it on the roll.

Brian Mead