jeep trailer...GOT IT! ;-))))

From: Maurizio Beretta (pierino@tin.it)
Date: Wed Jan 05 2000 - 09:09:11 PST

well, year seems to start in the best manner..;-)))

a month ago, I've found on ebay a couple of Willys related items, a banner
(1950) and a mechanic sign ( a little bit newer..).

today, I've exchanged them for a trailer...

found in Padova (artistic town that lies near Venice) in a farm, it appears
to be in a some good shape.

under a some thin layer of green, still is perfectly visible the original
OLIVE DRAB: I hope some numbers will come to light again!
same OLIVE DRAB (as new!) on the data plate location (plate is missing,
anyway..): for numbers are casted there : 0 0 8 3 . any of you knows what
they mean ?

landing leg are ALSO chains are original , lunette has been altered, but I
have a NOS one.

combat rims are missing, but I have also a couple of them ( not so good,
indeed, but I think to find better ones in next time).

after side has been cutted in the middle (that's the main problem) and I
will have to add a new panel , coupled to the old one.
___ ___
| | | |
| |____| |
|0________0|

I will have to go this month to Padua to take it home, and then I wil be
able to take some picture.

I think that I'll publish, on a web page, this "first project" ( I wasn't
the restorer of my '43 Willys...) : the perfect place will be on Arthur's
server when available ;-)))))

some questions now:

any of you has pictures of trailers, where US numbers location is well
visible ?

any picture is available (never seen on books ) of "canadian trailers"
(camouflage, markings) ???

mail me off list, jpg appreciated!!!

maurizio

MVPA 16994
'43 Willys MB "canadian markings"
'?? Bantam/MBT (?) trailer (restoration wil begin..)