RE: [MV] Mil-Veh collection bad? (was)Re: [MV] Knob Creek Event 2000

From: Ian Wallace (iwallace@uswest.net)
Date: Sat Jan 08 2000 - 20:31:37 PST

The guy in the tank made a decision to defy any and all authority in his
action of running over anything and everything. Yes, he was high centered
when he was shot, but at the time there was not a clear indication that he
could not dismount the barrier and continue his rampage. As far as I am
concerned he was, for all practical purposes, intent on "suicide by cop". It
is a somewhat ruthless way to look at it, but once a person takes and uses a
military vehicle with the power to destroy property and lives, I would
commend any and all means to stop him/her. As a former SWAT commander I
would have given a "green light" far earlier....

Ian Wallace, Seattle