another vehicle for sale in truck trader

From: Robin Craig (therobincraig@home.com)
Date: Sat Jan 08 2000 - 20:13:48 PST

In todays truck trader another MV. I do know by phone this guy, Brian
Fotheringham. A buddy of mine has bought the sister vehicle to the one
offered. He has been very happy with his purchase and Brian comes
accross as a super nice guy who is very genuine. Selling vehicles is not
his primary bussiness. I have no bussiness relationship with Brian and I
have not been offered or expect any reward for this posting. I am a
fellow Land Rover buff and MV enthusiast. Sermon over here goes.........

"1984 Land Rover 90 Defender 4 X 4 left hand drive, ex UK Ministry of
Defence, new low mi 2.5l non turbo diesel eng., exc fuel return,
complete mech overhaul ie brakes axles susp, steering etc., chassis like
new, body exc well preserved under Camo paint, bulkhead and door pillars
solid, no rust anywhere, all paperwork completed, $19,500 certified 613
342 4142 Brockville"

what I can tell you is this, Brian has made an error and this is not a
Defender 90 but a Land Rover 90, semantics I know but Land Rover did not
change the name till a few years later but that is what most people
would recognise it as though. This is a hard top 3 door Fitted For
Radio truck full mil spec, ie pintle hitch and a two electrical system,
that is to say there is one 12volt system for the vehicle itself,
starter lights etc etc and a honking big alternator for the 24v sysytem
that is totally independant of the 12 volt system.
The body apart from firewall is aluminum and this truck is fitted with
7.50 X 16 michelin xcl's . My Land Rover 110 returns about 30 miles to a
real (non US, sorry guys I know its a cheap shot!) gallon. Hard working
low down high torque manual 5 speed, with transfer case to give hi low
box. With 235 85 R 16's mine cruises at 70mph plus with ease. Vehicle
runs in permanent 4wd with alockable centre diff for of road extra
traction. This one as far as I know is ex RAF, whose trucks by far and
away are the most gently used on average. Truck has a hand throttle for
use when chraging up radio batteries, removed I would assume as with all
radio trays etc but internal wiring harness etc still present.

Price is Canadian dollars

Brockville is about and hour from Ottawa and is just of the 401 along
the St Lawrence just east of Kingston.

Dont call him to watse his time, hes a nice guy, he has pics by email
and can be contacted by email at:- Fother@Superaje.com

Over to you guys

rgds

Robin Craig