Re: [MV] Mil-Veh collection bad? (was)Re: [MV] Knob Creek Event 2000

From: Norman Preston III (stickman@qx.net)
Date: Sat Jan 08 2000 - 16:58:49 PST

Jeff,
Thanks for posting my thoughts exactly. It gets tiresome hearing of the
things the police SHOULD have done, or how the COPS want to take away our
military vehicles/fireams/anything else you want to throw in. I've been a
police officer for approx 5 years now and the last thing on my mind is
taking away someone's WW2 GPW, much the same as the last thing I want to do
is crawl into the confined space of a tank with a lunatic with who knows
what on his mind. How could anyone know the man was not armed? Everyone says
"from what I saw they could have done this or that" Correct me if I'm wrong
but no one on this list was there that day. Perhaps if the police are doing
such a bad job out there all you who know how to do it better should get out
there and do it instead of the constant criticizing which takes no
intelligence but rather parrots what you've heard in the media. Maybe we
should
thank the police for protecting our right to own military vehicles, don't
falsely criticize them for trying to take that right away. I'm not one to
often speak my mind on this list, but the constant criticism of the police
gets tiresome and redundant.
Norm
MVPA Member 20342
Proud To be a Police Officer