Re: [MV] Ruined Restoration Job - computer stick on letters/numbers

From: COLIN STEVENS (colin@pacdat.net)
Date: Wed Jan 12 2000 - 00:18:49 PST

Time for a new discussion thread?

Pet peeve - people who spend many THOUSANDS of dollars restoring a WWII MV
and then stick computer generated letters and numbers on it! I am not
talking about computer made stencils, or replica decals (transfers) but the
actual stick on letters and numbers for tire pressure, military number etc..

PLEASE record any markings you find on your vehicle. THIS is where you will
find the history usually. Fortunately we now rarely hear the (virtually
hopeless) request for history on a vehicle AFTER someone has sandblasted all
of the markings off.