Re: [MV] CUCV alternator light turning on when started

From: Richard Tait (rtait@earthlink.net)
Date: Sat Jan 15 2000 - 22:58:14 PST

Now I find this strange. The #2 alternator light has never worked in my
M1009 and it has kept my batteries fully charged for more than a couple
year
now.
Bill George

If I remember correctly, isn't the #2 alt the high side (12V to 24V) alt

whose idiot light (12V) is controlled thru a relay?
Jeff
TacticalTruck.com

Bill and Jeff have both got me thinking. My alternator #2 light does
not come on, but the bulb and socket both show continuity. I had only a
few minutes this morning to check both before I headed out. I shined up
the contacts where the socket contacts the printed circuit side of the
instrument panel. Still no alternator #2 light, yet the batteries are
definitely charging (and have held the charge for several weeks).

Alternator #2 is for sure the 12 to 24 volt source. I think I must
track down this relay that Jeff is talking about (makes perfect sense to
me) and see if it is blown.

Thanks for the valuable tips!
Matt Tait
Fullerton, CA