Re: [MV] Mew Military Jeep in the crare on Ebay

From: JOHN SEIDTS (john@astory.com)
Date: Thu Jan 20 2000 - 06:03:07 PST

Ebay says they will not tolerate out right fraud. Of course, my complaints
to them have come back glossed over, and not dealt with. In December, I
sold a very expensive item, and made it a private auction at the wishes of
the owner (this means that the bidders don't know the identity of each
other). In the middle of the auction, I get a call from some one soliciting
me to give them money. They told me they got my information by having a
friend contact ebay, and who the friend was. Ebay refused to penalize the
other individual. Ebay is a great selling tool, but their server can't
discriminate between somebody putting up bogus goods and quality ones. I
don't think the company doesn't want to discriminate harshly, or they'd lose
business. The way their agreement reads, they collect money even if you buy
the golden gate bridge. Their business standards have to rise, in my
opinion.