Re: [MV] Standards

From: Steve L Dussetschleger (dussetschleger@juno.com)
Date: Thu Jan 20 2000 - 20:23:57 PST

.. "No its not good enough, at least not in reenacting circles.

***** We must be traveling in different Re-enacting circles. Which
Re-enacting Organizations do you belong to ?

 This question points out one of the problems with interacting between
vehicle people and good reenactment organizations. Different standards.
When I am standing in a $1,500 of clothes carrying $2,500 in weapons and
driving a perfictly

 reproduced

***** Did you mean restored here ?]

 British airborne gun jeep (who the hell knows what thats worth) the guy
in the CJ2A annoys me.

****** Again, this is just a difference of opinion, no insult meant here.
 I think at events that specify, & common sense would dictate, that ONLY
properly restored vehicle would be allowed. I don't believe there is
aready supply of affordable German MV's so as to make them common at any
event. I think thats why at most re-enactor events I've been to you see
quite a few Czech OT-810's (I think thats the designation) that are made
up to look like WWII German 1/2 tracks. Seen some later model
Chiang-Ziang (or whatever) Bikes w/sidecars for sale as re-enactor MV's
too. If you got the $10,000 for one of those "Kubel cars", then I'm
sure, even though their not 100% original, or actual restorations, you'd
be welcomed with open arms.
  Kinda like the old argument about "is it fresh from the factory or
Musuem". Everybody has an opinion & I respect yours too. Steve

  1953 M38A1 1/4 ton Jeep 1968 M274A5
 1/2 ton Utility, "mule"
  1954 M170 1/4 ton Jeep Ambulance 1968 M109A3 2 1/2
ton Shop Van
  1962 M37B1 3/4 ton Truck 1977 M882
   5/4 ton Truck

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!