Re: [MV] GPW Head questions

From: fv74@altavista.net
Date: Mon Jan 24 2000 - 11:07:32 PST

Bob
You did not crack the head. My guess is that at some point the head froze with water in it. There is a plastic impregnation process that may be able to salvage the head. The casting is put in a pressurized vat of molten plastic to seal the crack if it is not too large. This process is used at foundries to salvage castings with air holes. I used to work at a place that had this process, but they are out of business. We impregnated the air to air refueling probes for jet fighters and cast aluminum wheels for General Motors among other parts. I will try to find the name of the process and a location that still does it.

Dave Fillman
45 MB

I noticed a hairline crack from number three spark plug