Re: [MV] GPW Head questions

From: jonathon (jemery@execpc.com)
Date: Mon Jan 24 2000 - 19:27:56 PST

>1). Did I crack the damn thing?

I doubt it.

>2). Now obviously, I hope that one or a few of you, can point me in the
>right direction to obtain a servicable FORD head.

There is a process called stitch something or other, I forgot, it's a
pattened process that is guaranteed to fix any broken cast iron as stong of
stronger than the original. I believe it originated in Europe. I have
dealt with a company local to me that does it, very impressive, especially
when you see what they have repaired and put back in service, like a huge
pump housing (like 6' in diameter) that was shattered in many pieces, for
example. I asked about fixing a cracked Diesel head I have and they said
they could do it, but I found another cheap and never went thru with it. As
heads get harder to find processes like this will have to utilized more
often. It's not welding by the way, it's done cold.

je