M240B weapon?

From: LEEnCALIF@aol.com
Date: Mon Jan 24 2000 - 22:44:17 PST

We were having a discussion about SAWS and I am told this new M240B is far,
far better than the old M60's of my day. Could this be true? First the
duece has been dumped for the hot new LMTV and now the M60 is mowed down by
this M240B?

The M240B is 6in. longer and about 5 lbs. heavier. Supposedly the thing will
not malfunction if firing live rounds and it has a greater range than the
M60. It has a suppression range of 1800 meters as opposed to the 1100+ range
of the 60. It also has a higher rate of fire. 650to 950 RPM on cyclic
depending on the setting of the gas regulator (3 settings). Sounds like a
heck of a weapon and very appropriate for your restored Humvee, but until
today I never even knew it existed.

Anyone know anything about this weapon or if this is available as surplus
yet? Would be interesting to pintel mount it in the back of my SUMB.... as a
non-gun of course. lol

Jack
Ferret Mk 2/3
SUMB w/trl