re Specs for shear pin

From: DDoyle9570@aol.com
Date: Sun Jan 30 2000 - 04:12:24 PST

<< I don't know the technicals of the pin, but I have a few of the genuine,
 made of aluminum pins, two holes. I also got some from Memphis.
 These look like a clevis pin with a mushroom shaped head on one end
 and a hole for a cotter pin on the other. When I got these, I immediately
 called Memphis to verify if these were indeed shear pins and they said
 that they are made of a soft metal, though not as soft as aluminum.
 These pins are available from Memphis for about $2.00 ea. plus shipping. >>

I don't know the specs offhand either, but I to bought some from Memphis, and
in fact have sheared 5 of them, I have not damaged the winch, and there is no
doubt in my mind that the shearing was a good thing with loads I was putting
on the winch.

David