Re: [MV] Stuck manifold progress

From: Joe Foley (redmenaced@yahoo.com)
Date: Sun Jan 30 2000 - 19:54:52 PST

--- Gil Huguley <Gil@huguley.com> wrote:
> *This message was transferred with a trial version
> of CommuniGate(tm) Pro*
> Thanks to all of you who offered your help. The
> general consensus seems to be the first thing is to
> try heating it reddish-orange, tapping it with a
> lead hammer (Lead! "Honey, I gotta buy a new
> tool!--hee hee!").
++++++++++++++
Don't even go look! The EPA won't let you have one.
You have to make them yourself. The attraction here
is that lead won't hurt castings, it'll deform first.
The dead-blow hammers work, too, but lead works
better, especially on hot stuff. Ask your local
machinist for tips. Don't forget the face sheild, hot
stuff flying around.

Don't try to get it off in one pull, or push, get it
to move first, then rattle it, then drive it back ON!
Then clean around the stud, then rattle it again, keep
it hot. If you can, position it so the crud falls out
of the hole. But a comfortable work position is
better so you can work quickly, don't want it to cool
off.

About three times of this should do it, but you may
have to tap it back and forth several times to get the
crud to break up.

Joe

 If that doesn't work, drill a