Re: [MV] M-37 Question: Dual Master Cylinders and Drum Brakes

From: Brandon (c322348@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Feb 10 2000 - 09:12:12 PST

Please refer to the very informative Helitool website:
http://www.helitool.com/how_brakes_work.html

And I plagiarize thusly: "I previously stated that all drum systems require
a residual pressure check valve. There is one exception to this rule and
that is the double anchor system that Chrysler used on it's early products."

"Because the shoes rest on the upper adjustment cams they can't depress the
wheel cylinder piston any more than they are supposed to. As a result no
residual pressure check valves are required on our trucks whether you have
disc or original drum brakes or any combination."

BK