T-245 Water Distribution Tube

From: Gil Huguley (Gil@huguley.com)
Date: Sat Feb 12 2000 - 14:52:45 PST

Hello, the list!

To remove the water distribution tube, the tech manual says, "Pull the cylinder block water distribution tube from cylinder block. A hooked piece of heavy gauge wire may be required if tube is badly corroded."

Mine looks really nice, satin silver color finish with some rust stains from the block. I don't think it is "badly corroded" at all. How much force is required to remove the tube? I have pulled on it and nothing seems to move. I don't want to do any damage, but I want it removed so the block can be boiled out and the water passages cleaned. (The block has heavy rust scale in the water passages).

Thanks for any advice.

Gil Huguley
MVPA 17595
Methow, WA USA