Re: [MV] Deuce And A Half Info

From: charles post (charlespost@home.com)
Date: Sun Feb 13 2000 - 18:04:52 PST

Gentlemen:(And I do mean that!)
I don't know whether to laugh or cry! As an avid reader of the list, one who has
gleaned wonderful amounts of info and steered to great web sites, I thought I would
helpfully(?) supply a source for a wonderfully informative article about the options
available to owning a duece and a half. I drove one a little bit way back in the
fifties when I served on a 105mm howitzer in a field artillery outfit and have been
thinking of perhaps taking the plunge. But what to get? There are so many choices of
models, years, engine options, etc., and along came this (I thought) great article
exploring, in a easy to read and in a bit of a light hearted manner, a good insiders
look at what I'd be getting into. So I posted the name of the article and the
magazine's name for any others out there to take a look. WOW!!! Little did I dream of
the reaction to this. It was like beating on a wasp nest with a stick. Such
Mother's Day. So I went back and read the story again and then a third time and I
still come away shaking my head at the responses I've seen so far. To those of you
who posted your comments and you know who you are and to which of the following
applies to you, I say this: Nowhere does the article say the CCKW will do 60 MPH, it
is "capable of doing 55"; the author generalizes about the multi-fuel M35 by actually
saying those words "Generally speaking" and furthermore goes on to add that
"troublesome is a relative term-....some people have had great success with
troublesome equipment", etc. So, it would seem that we really can't fault the author
for technical incompetence but fault him for his personal opinion instead. Come on
guys, lighten up, where's your sense of humor, do you all wake up frowning in the
morning?
Peace, my fellow green machine owners, peace,
Charles