Re: [MV] Deuce And A Half Info

From: DDoyle9570@aol.com
Date: Sun Feb 13 2000 - 17:54:22 PST

<< Gentlemen:(And I do mean that!)
 I don't know whether to laugh or cry! As an avid reader of the list, one who
has
 gleaned wonderful amounts of info and steered to great web sites, I thought
I would
 helpfully(?) supply a source for a wonderfully informative article >>

Indeed, helpfull

<< and along came this (I thought) great article>>

Indeed a good article

 <<You'd have thought the author of the story advocated doing away with
 Mother's Day.>>

Actually, I said I disagreed with some of his opinion, based on MY
experiences.

<< So, it would seem that we really can't fault the author
 for technical incompetence but fault him for his personal opinion instead. >>

I didn't find fault, I just politley disagreed. Sorry, I missed the part of
the article which said that Mr. Turchet's statements were a result of divine
revelation. Nor did I see the request in either the article that said
something the effect of "If you have experiences different from mine, please
keep them to yourself, the masses need only know what I reveal here."

It is my hope that anyone contemplating the purchase of a deuce goes into the
venture aware of both sides of the story, as it appears Dave Ahl (publisher
of MV mag) does too, since he included 3 "rebuttals" of Steve Turchet's
article in the same issue. I would also hope that anyone buying a deuce
would have the many pleasant experiences I have had with mine, rather than
the less than happy experiences Turchet has had. Do not let one side alone
influence your decision to buy, or what to buy.

David Doyle
Happy owner of:
M62 Cont 6602 gas power
M35A2 LDT-465-1D Multifuel powered
M36A2 LDT-465-1C Multifuel powered
M292A2 LDT-465-1C Multifuel powered
Class 530B Pumper on M45A2 Chassis naturally aspirated LD 465 Multifuel power
Class 530C Pumper on M45A2 Chassis LDT-465-1D powered (TANK PULLER!!)
LeRoi 210G on M45 Chassis Reo OA-331 gas powered
CMU-3 on M56 chassis Dodge