Re: [MV] WW2 Navy Gray Jeep

From: GrayLady52@aol.com
Date: Mon Feb 14 2000 - 21:44:15 PST

I have a B3 Power Wagon (Dodge)...1952...with Navy nomenclature plates on the
dash and overhead by the wiper motors...in my crude restoration attempts, as
I go back down thru the various layers of paint that was applied before I
purchased her, it appears that the bottom (first) coat was gray from the
factory...since the Navy took delivery of her right off the assembly line as
the data plates indicates, would it be reasonable to believe that the factory
went ahead and painted the Pearl Harbor gray on these vehicles?...I haven't
discovered any OD or Marine Corp green on it...but gray definitely before the
other non-military colors were later added...