Re: [MV] Stawarts spotted

From: Richard Notton (Richard@fv623.demon.co.uk)
Date: Mon Feb 14 2000 - 22:44:43 PST

-----Original Message-----
From: Jim Webster <jimweb@simonides.prestel.co.uk>
To: Military Vehicles List <mil-veh@uller.skylee.com>
Date: 13 February 2000 23:32
Subject: [MV] Stawarts spotted

>One of our members spotted some 6 Stalwarts on the back of low loaders
>going out of the Southampton area last thursday. he says they were
>painted yellow/orange [faded], had smooth sided cargo flaps and were in
>a pretty rough condition.
>
>Anyone any idea where they were going? Where they might have come from?
>The only thing I can think off was that Shell bought some for use in the
>Desert at one time and they could be from them.

I think you'll find these are coming from/going to the USA for tour use. The
plain and permanently fixed cargo doors are required for amphibious
certification.

I am guessing their destination/origin is Norfolk and a connection with a person
who I have found by bitter personal experience, no matter what his attractive
advertisement says, to be a complete waste of space with the engineering skill
of an amoeba.

Don't get me started now !

Richard
(Southampton UK)