Re: [MV] MVer Militancy???

From: William R. Benson (Benson@eqe.com)
Date: Tue Feb 22 2000 - 07:49:22 PST

I for one, LIKE Limeys! (Kinda figure that "Limey" is one o' them left handed
compliments, kinda like being called a "Jarhead" Gotta earn the title 'fore it
applies...). Besides, U.S. Marines and Royal Marines have cordial relationships
going back to BEFORE we stopped killing one another... Did ye know that the only
building in Washington D.C. NOT burned to the ground during the War of 1812 was
the residence of the American Commandant of Marines, and that was because it was
under the charge of the commander of the British Royal Marines. When the Royal
Marines moved out, the commander left a note of thanks, and a full accounting of
the valuables in the house, which remained pristine...
Happily, we got that whole affair settled down in time to fight side-by-side in
China during the Boxer Rebellion, and through the years the relationship has
gotten better and better... WW1, WW2, Korea, Viet Nam, the Gulf...

Now comes the MV part... IF I were to offer up my mule for trade, would anyone
be interested in swapping a jeep for it? (Note the "IF"...)

Thanks,

Bill