Re: [MV] WANTED: Piper L-3 Military aircraft

From: James Shanks (n1vbn@bit-net.com)
Date: Tue Feb 22 2000 - 10:57:13 PST

Hampton, NH Airport aproxximately. 2100', grass, just off route one north of
the highway bridge over the railroad airport is to the east of Route One.
Last time I was there they still were using J-3's for primary training with
one Cessna 140 to cover the radio requirement. The primary training fleet
used to consist of 4 or 5 J-3's and 3 or 4 L-4 Grasshoppers. The L-4's are
still maintained in OD, no electric's, no radios other than Ht's.

http://www.airnav.com/airport/7B3

Just a tip. The last time I was at the airport it felt like I was in a time
warp. 90% of the aircraft based there are TAILDRAGERS!! Best of luck!!.

James Shanks
The Line Below is my Ham Radio Callsign
n1vbn@bit-net.com
The line below is my Ham Radio Packet Address
n1vbn@N1VBN @ WB1DSW.NH.USA.NOAM