Re: [MV] Frame Serial Number ID Needed

From: COLIN STEVENS (colin@pacdat.net)
Date: Wed Feb 23 2000 - 23:39:49 PST

-----Original Message-----
From: Joe Van Slyke <GPJoe@RCSearch2.com>
To: Military Vehicles List <mil-veh@uller.skylee.com>
Date: Wednesday, February 23, 2000 6:23 PM

>I just picked up a replacement frame for my '42 jeep.
>It's a willys frame, the tag is on the left front frame horn.
>Round pipe for a radiator/grill support.
>I'd like to know approximately what year it is if possible.
>The SN # is 102476.
*****
MB102367 ?-?-41 USA 2033636
MB102393 12-4-41 USA 2033979
MB102460 2-3-41 ? (Dec 3 1941) Last known owner Kelby in MN, USA
MB102554 12-31-41 Owner?

Therefore your frame was made December 1941. Slat grill. OK for a 1942
restoration too though it would be nice to see a salt grill body back on it
someday...
Please reply off list to me at colin@pacdat.net re: yyour own 42 jeep as
I'd like to add it ot the database.

>.. he person I got it from still has the motor.
***** Motor if original to frame would be ABOUT same serial number as frame
at this stage of production.

Colin Macgregor Stevens
MVPA Member 954 (since 1977)
& member B Coy 1 Canadian Parachute Battalion (Living History)
Pitt Meadows, British Columbia, Canada
E-mail: colin@pacdat.net
Personal web site: http://bcoy1cpb.pacdat.net
1944 Willys MB