Re: [MV] Thanks for the fuel additive info.

From: Amikesomm@aol.com
Date: Wed Feb 23 2000 - 23:23:59 PST

HI Fred, a couple of things no one has mentioned yet - you are probably
higher above sea level than most of us? That's going to affect your power
and performance and pinging problems too, I suspect. AND the mil
distributor in your 715 has no vacuum advance/retard dashpot like most
civilian vehicles, so you are relying on the springs alone. Many of us time
our vehicles by working the timing so that it just starts to ping under heavy
load, then stop and back off the advance a little bit to be right at peak
efficiency without ping. We also adjust our idle to just behind peak rpm
with the mixture screw, and then back the idle stop screw back down to proper
rpm. As far as lead additives, get them, eyeball the mix, and use it. You
lose very little, you may save a lot. Or go with Marvel. I do. Along with
gas additive and carb cleaner etc. Whatever I feel like throwing in. And
stabilizer when it's going to sit. Of course this is all after removing the
tank and cleaning it thoroughly, then blowing the lines with solvent.
Mike in VA
M37, M151A1, etc