Re: [MV] Hitler Car?

From: jonathon (jemery@execpc.com)
Date: Fri Feb 25 2000 - 17:36:25 PST

>The black Mercedes-Benz, weighing 4,100 kilograms (9,000 pounds), was donated
>to the museum in 1970 by a Quebec City businessman who mistakenly thought it
>belonged to Hitler henchman Herman Goering.

I am sworn to secrecy but I know who the owner is of the (or one of the)
Goering staff cars. A buddy of mine is the industrial wood business and has
a rather good reputation. He was approached by some doctor to do the wood
work on the body of a 'special' car, that being Goering's. The car was in
his shop, but part of the deal was that he was not allowed to tell anyone it
was there until after it was gone. I believe the doc was concerned about
certain groups finding out and having a cow over it, possibly subjecting the
car to possible vandalism/damage. He might have let me see it but I was
living 350 miles away at the time. Not that nazi stuff is of any interest
to me, it's just that this is a unique piece of history. Last we heard the
restoration was completed and it is in this guy collection.

je