War and Peace Show Sanitation and other stuff-an update

From: NIGEL HAY (Nigelhay@tanksrus.freeserve.co.uk)
Date: Mon Mar 06 2000 - 01:20:13 PST

Good morning folks,

I am pleased to be able to tell you that whilst at a very positive site
meeting at the Hop Farm (venue for 2000 show, July 19-23rd) with all the
prime movers in the Living history groups yersterday (around 60 travelled
from all over the UK to attend), we were able to inspect the building work
going on which inlcudes the new shower/toilet blocks. Yes, they are
underway, about 8 weeks from completion.
Please don't direct any pre event grief over the toilets to me, things are
definately improving for 2000. Come and be impressed!
Lots of other issues were discussed, I won't bore you with it all, but here
a a few points......
The Off Road driving course will be open for the
brave/foolhardy/adventureous, but under the absolute control of Twickenham
Off Roaders to ensure that our enhanced safety policy is rigourously
enforced. People will only be able to take tanks on the course if all on
board are properly seated INSIDE.
The Living History sector will have its own beer tent/wine bar where all are
welcome , but the weaing of Appropriate unifroms will be welcomed.
On site vehicle movement will be drastically reduced, both by planned
marshalling and by changes to access routes.
Tracked vehicles will ONLY be allowed to move with a marshall wearing a high
visibilty jacket walking in front, this effectively reduces the movement
speed to less than 5mph (unless he is a very fit marshall...)

To wipe out vehicle movement in the stall area, a fork lift will be on hand
to assist with the removal of heavy items purchased. Arrangements can be
made to get heavy parts to a persons vehicle.
A ban on vehicles using (and I can't understand why they want to do it
anyway) blue "police type" flashing lights will be imposed, to ensure that
in the event of an emergency it is obvious to anyone at a glance who is a
bona fide emergency service and who is not.
The issue of Nazi uniforms (which is not appropriate to discuss on this
forum) was discussed in depth and the groups present have all agreed to
assist us in policing the stated policy.

For those of you who are coming, as well as the show ,the Hop Farm is
opening at Easter a major museum on site around the theme of "A walk
through the 20th century". It is interactive with clever use of DVD
technology. Well worth a stroll round, having had a sneak preview. More info
from www.thehopfarm.co.uk

More interest to us chaps of course is the growing collection of tanks on
permanent display at the Hop Farm including the recently arrived Sherman
Firefly . But, its got a totally trashed Chrysler multi bank engine so if
any one has one or any parts please let me know. They also urgently seek a
turret ring for an M10.

With regards, NIGE