Re: [MV] adding kerosene to diesel?

From: Eric Kozowski (eric@svjava.com)
Date: Mon Mar 06 2000 - 20:51:45 PST

On Mon, Mar 06, 2000 at 07:33:18PM -0800, Henry wrote:
> Hi all,
> I have come across an abundance of kerosene, and am told I can mix it with
> the diesel for me M35. Has any one had experience with this? I know in very
> cold weather it is used, but just how cold or how much can a person use?

In the Gulf War, we didn't have _any_ diesel. We used Jet A-1, which is,
essentially, really clean kerosene. Worked just fine. However, it has
almost no lubricating properties, so we'd add 1 quart of 10W oil to
30-50 gallons of Jet A-1. This was in CUCVs, HMMWVs, M800 series, M900
series and LVS. We never had a fuel related problem.

> Are there any more comfortable passenger seats available for the M35A2? All
> my guests seem to degrade my family tree after a couple of hours riding
> with me. My seat is spring loaded, and seems comfortable, but theirs isn't,
> so.......

Ain't no such thing (at least military)....

> Has any one experienced the fact that these trucks are made for drivers
> that aren't over 6' tall or so? I'm 6'4" and don't fit very well. Does any
> one have a remedy, that doesn't involve surgery?

Do what I do -- scrunch (I'm 6'3")

> I'd also like to find a small 24V generator, just for emergency re-charge

Use one of the many military 28v generators.

--
Eric Kozowski
Portland, OR