Re: [MV] M151A2s in Desert Storm???

From: F. Brian Mead (brian@hardscrabblefarm.com)
Date: Wed Mar 08 2000 - 05:04:16 PST

> By the way, I recall from seeing on the news broadcasts during the war that
> 'normal' MUTTs were used in the Gulf War, probably by some of the Coalition
> Forces other than the USA - some of the Arab forces?

Ground War Desert Storm by squadron/signal publications (ISBN 0-89747-216-6) has a
photo of Niger Army MUTTs with recoilless rifles. Also some long wheelbase jeeps
with Milan AT missile launcher of the Egyptian Army. Photo caption notes they
believe to be British built Land Rovers, but you can tell they're jeeps not to
mention you can read "Jeep" at the front edge of the driver's door.

Brian Mead