Identification of M151A2 year

From: OldJeeps@aol.com
Date: Sun Mar 12 2000 - 12:50:16 PST

I received the following message via the internet. It is from a UN staffer
that has just purchased an M151A2 from the Sudanese Army and wants to know
for sure what year it is. M151's are not my specialty. Can anyone help him?
Dear Mr. Buckley,

     Thanks again for a swift response.

     I could get these numbers from the inscriptions on the plate on the
     engine:

     Serial # 5074427
     Ord Part# 11660530
     Contract # DAAE07 83.C. H445

     On the cover of the engine head, there is an orange label (mostly torn)
on
     which I could read AM General Corporation written.

     And on the flat fenders, there are depressions on which turrn signal
lights
     are mounted.

     Now I am sure that you will be able to confirm if this has a Ford motor
and
     the vehicle is M 151 A1 or A2 and the year of manufacture-1978 or not.

     I apologise. I did not tell you that I don't live in the US. I am an
     international staffer with the UN in a remote part of Sudan. I have no
     internet facility but have CC mail with which I can send/receive messages
     and pictures to and from any one who has an e mail facility.

     Kindly let me know how to join MUPA or their book club. Do they provide
     info on the e mail?